Pile it high nachos
A great dish for a crowd, this recipe combines crunchy tortiila crisps with a fresh tomato salsa flavoured with Fennel and Basil and topped with delicious melted cheese. A great Mexican starter or nibbles for a party.
Prep time: 10 mins + 30 mins chilling time
Cook time: 10 mins
2 tbs Schwartz Fennel Seed, Tomato & Basil Salad Special Blend
3 tbs olive oil
1 tbs red wine vinegar
5 tomatoes, roughly chopped
1/2 onion, finely chopped
300g bag tortilla crisps
200g jar jalapeno peppers in brine, drained
100g (4oz) Mexican style grated cheese
1 tsp Schwartz Chillies Crushed
1. In a bowl, mix together the Perfect Shake Salad Special Blend with the oil, vinegar, tomatoes and onion. Chill for 30 minutes.
2. Lay two large sheets of foil on top of each other and scatter the tortilla crisps on top. Now scatter over the jalapeno peppers, cheese and Crushed Chillies. Scrunch the edges of the foil together to form a rim and grill under a medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Serve with plenty of the salsa.
What resolution are you making this year?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- To stop spending money so frivolously
- To learn how to cook more meals
- To spend more time with my family
- To get a new career
- To socialise with my friends more
- To get fit and healthy