Duck with Chinese five spice, garlic and ginger
Delicious duck breast flavoured with Chinese 5 Spice, Garlic and Ginger. Great for the barbecue or grill.
Prep Time: 1 hour marinating time + 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
1 tbs Schwartz Easy Stir Fry Chinese 5 Spice, Ginger & Garlic
1 tbs Schwartz Easy Chilli
2 tbs dark soy sauce
5 tbs dry sherry
2 tbs sesame oil
2 tbs clear honey
1 tsp white wine vinegar
4 x 125g (5oz) duck breasts
200ml (7fl oz) water
1 bunch spring onions, sliced diagonally
1. To make the marinade mix together the Easy Stir Fry blend and the Easy Chilli, soy sauce, dry sherry, sesame oil, honey and vinegar.
2. Cut slits in the duck breasts and place them in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Grill the breasts for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through. Or cook on a rack set over the bbq for 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Heat the remaining marinade in a small saucepan, stir in the water and cook until thickened. Add the spring onions to the sauce and cook for a further minute.
4. Serve the duck, cut into chunks, with boiled rice noodles and garnish with spring onions.
What resolution are you making this year?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- To stop spending money so frivolously
- To learn how to cook more meals
- To spend more time with my family
- To get a new career
- To socialise with my friends more
- To get fit and healthy